Every year Beloit College releases its Mindset List. Although the list has its critics (http://www.beloitmindlessness.com/must-be-destroyed/) and it’s been parodied by The Onion, I always get a kick out of looking it over. It reminds me just how old I am. Here are a few gems from this year’s list:
- There has always been a digital swap meet called eBay.
- There have always been Cadillac Escalades.
- West Nile has always been a virus found in the US.
- They have never had to watch or listen to programs at a scheduled time.
- Vaccines have always erroneously been linked to autism.
- They have no memory of Bob Dole promoting Viagra.
- John Elway and Wayne Gretzky have always been retired.