I'm unique

But you knew that already.1 Now I'm unique in a new way. I have an ORCID ID: 0000-0003-4312-3804. What's an ORCID ID you ask?

ORCID is an open, non-profit, community-based effort to create and maintain a registry of unique researcher identifiers and a transparent method of linking research activities and outputs to these identifiers. ORCID is unique in its ability to reach across disciplines, research sectors, and national boundaries and in its cooperation with other identifier systems. ORCID works with the research community to identify opportunities for integrating ORCID identifiers in key workflows, such as research profile maintenance, manuscript submissions, grant applications, and patent applications.
If you go to the ORCID site (http://about.orcid.org/), and search on "Holsinger", you'll see that there's only one Holsinger currently listed in the ORCID database - that's me. Click on the link and you'll come to a page that lists all of the publications ORCID was able to find for me on the web, including links.2

1Stop laughing. I know that you're reading "unique" as "really wierd", and I won't deny that you're right. I simply ask that you keep your laughter to yourself.
2You'll also discover that the links are links into the Scopus database. I don't know whether you'll be able to see the corresponding Scopus record unless you're at an institution that subscribes.