Inspiring science

If you read this blog regularly, I just discovered another blog you'll want to keep an eye on -- Inspiring Science. It's written by Seeder El-Showk, a Ph.D. student at the University of Helsinki. From his about this blog page:

Like many professionals, scientists are trained to communicate in a particular way. This isn't a bad thing - on the contrary, it's important and extremely useful. An insistence on precision, a specialized vocabulary and a defined format of communication help maintain the smooth flow of information which is (or should be) at the heart of the scientific endeavour. Unfortunately, the ability to communicate with other scientists doesn't necessarily translate into good public communications skills. While many scientists have those skills, there are many, many more who lack them. Communicating with the public is simply not part of the standard scientific education, which creates a gap between research scientists and the rest of society. This blog is my way of trying to help fill that gap.

I've only read a couple of posts so far, but I'd say that he's filling that gap pretty well. Please head over and see for yourself.