Selection and Genetic Drift
Important note: Recent updates to Java mean that this applet will only work if you disable Java security until I have time to get it digitally signed. See the Java Security page for more information.
- Select a starting allele frequency from the first list box
(default: p = 0.01)
- Select a population size (default: N = 50)
- Select a maximum number of generations (default: Generations = 100)
- Push "Start" to begin a simulation. (Note: results are
automatically cleared if you push start more than 8 times.)
- Push "Clear" to clear the accumulated results and start over.
- Remember: There is directional selection in
favor of A1. The fitnesses are: w11 = 1.0,
w12 = 0.9, and w22 = 0.8.
How to interpret the graph
The vertical axis shows allele frequency. The horizontal axis shows
generation number. Each color corresponds to a different
simulation. Up to 8 different simulations may be displayed
If this simulation isn't displaying properly, try this one.
Last modified: Sun Jan 3 10:05:14 EST 1999